Search This Blog

Dec 11, 2011

Most Addicting Salsa!

Salsa, salsa, salsa!

Okay, so a few months ago I posted a recipe here for Chili's Salsa. Little did I know that with a few minor changes it would easily become my new obsession. Our whole families, actually. Seriously, even my 3 year old loves it!
I have made it every single week for the past 8 weeks, sometimes even twice a week!
So I got rid of the spanish onion that it called for because it made it too sweet, i like my salsa tasty and with a little zip, not sweet.  I also puree mine a bit longer so that it's not terribly chunky. Mmmmm.....it is SO good! 
I go to bed with chips and salsa at night for a snack,  I eat it for lunch, and then find ways to incorporate it into my meals (See my recipe for Cheesy Chicken Wraps)!
Here is the edited version of the best salsa ever!

1- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
3 Tbsp canned diced jalapenos (you can add more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
1 Tbsp lime juice (about 1 lime)
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground cumin

To Make:
First off...here are some tips...you can easily double this recipe. 
I like to buy a big glass container (near olives in grocery store) of sliced jalapeno and that way I always have some in the fridge.
Ok, on to the recipe!


Combine diced tomatoes, jalapenos, lime juice, and spices in a food processor. 


Run it on high for a few moments until the tomatoes and jalapeno's are fully pureed, but be careful not to make it too soupy.

Pour mixture into bowl. 
Cover & chill in fridge.
The longer it sits, the stronger the flavor gets.
and don't say I didn't warn you!

No comments:

Post a Comment