As the weather gets chilly, this is the perfect dessert!
- 1 Pillsbury single pie crust (or your own recipe if desired)
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 to 1-1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (optional)
1. Prepare and roll out Pastry for Single-Crust pie (below). Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. For filling, in a large bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Add eggs; beat lightly with a fork until combined. Gradually add milk; stir until combined.
3. Carefully pour filling in pastry shell. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie crust with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 25 to 30 minutes more or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.
4. To serve, top with whipped cream.