Search This Blog

May 17, 2011

Fettucine Alfredo with chicken


Fettucine Alfredo with Chicken


So this is my all time favorite dish to eat.There is a fabulous restaurant in Logan, Utah that makes it & I am continuously trying to re-create it. So you will probably find me making this dish LOTS of times with various recipes.
I have to say that I made this the other night & it is the best I have found so far!
So good in fact, that I ate the leftovers for days after!!

Here's the recipe:

8 ounces uncooked fettucine
6 Tbsp butter, cubed
2 cups heavy whipping cream
¾ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
½ cup grated romano cheese
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper & ground nutmeg
boneless, skinless chicken breast
EVOO


My hubby went out to get the ingredients and he couldn't find Romano cheese, so instead I used Kraft's combination parmesan & romano & just did about 1- 1 1/4 cup of that instead of them separately.

Directions:

Cook fettucine according to package.

For the chicken, I just put some EVOO in a pan & cooked it on the stove until it was done, then sliced it up!
Meanwhile, in a saucepan melt butter over med-low heat.
You could also slice up some grilled chicken, that would be super tasty!

Stir in cream, ½ cup parmesan, romano, egg yolks, nutmeg, s&p.
 Cook & stir over med-low heat un thermometer reads 160 (do not boil).


Drain fettucine, toss with sauce. 
Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.

1 comment: