Search This Blog

May 25, 2011

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta


Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

This is my favorite dish to eat at Chili's, so I decided to try to make a version of it myself. I liked how it came out & next time I will add even more cajun spice to mine!

Ingredients:
5 boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
12 oz. linguine pasta
6 tsp Cajun seasoning (more or less- I like more)
couple tbsp. butter
4 thinly sliced green onions
2 cups heavy whipping cream
6 tbsp. sun dried tomatoes
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

When I was making this, I didn't have sundried tomatoes on hand, so I just made it without them. I'm sure it would taste even better with them in it!

To make: 
1. Place chicken and cajun seasoning into a bowl and toss to coat.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Reduce heat, add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and heat through. (let stand for a couple minutes to thicken a little)
4. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.

1 comment: