Search This Blog

Feb 24, 2013

Chorizo Burritos




I have such a warm spot in my heart for chorizo.
I grew up eating it for breakfast mixed up with some eggs in a burrito and for years I didn't eat it.
I don't know if i just forgot about it or what, but recently I saw it at the store and couldn't resist.
Now i make it ALL THE TIME and my husband requests it almost daily.

You will need:
flour tortillas
chorizo ( i use 1 tube)
lemon
2 eggs
bacon or sausage, (optional)

To make:
So what I do it whisk up the 2 eggs like you are making scrambled eggs. Set aside.
Then open the casing of the chorizo and place it in a medium-high pan and break it apart to fully cook it.
I grind it up like I am making tacos.
Then after about 1-2 minutes, I add in the eggs.
Now, forgive me for having to see this, but what it will look like is really gross.
It turns a really strange color and for a moment you think....I'm not sure if I can eat this.
BUT just give it a minute or two and it will come together.

Begin mixing it all up and together constantly flipping it and continuing to cook it, 3-5 minutes.
When it is all blended well and cooked, I squirt in a little fresh lemon juice.

Then I heat my flour tortillas in another pan and fill it up with the chorizo/egg mixture.

I like to serve it will either bacon or sausage on the side.
Trust me, you'll love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment