Search This Blog

Sep 6, 2013

Balsamic Tomato Bruschetta



Balsamic Tomato Bruschetta
I've never made bruschetta before, but I am such a fan of it! 
I usually just order it at restaurants, so when I saw this recipe I had to try it.
I really enjoyed the flavors of this recipe and it was juicy enough to soak the bread in it.

You will need:
1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped

1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
1 baguette, sliced
1 garlic clove
2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese


To Make:


Combine the chopped tomatoes, basil, olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, salt, pepper and sugar in a bowl. Toss.

Cut the baguette into 4 pieces. 
Slice in half lengthwise and place on baking sheet. 
Toast in a 400 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes; turn once. 
Remove when crusty on both sides.

Rub bread with the garlic clove. Spoon the tomato mixture over the bread and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Servings: 8




                               Source: www.recipesecrets.net

No comments:

Post a Comment