Search This Blog

May 15, 2013

Greek Chicken Lemon Rice Soup

I love having a stash of great soup recipes, but when I went through my recipe folders I ended up tossing a ton in the trash. Either they required too much work, didn't taste great, or just wasn't my taste. BUT I am SO glad that I found this one. It is a greek lemon chicken rice soup.
It tastes SOOOOO good, it is easy to make, and I LOVE lemon, so next time I will be adding more! I just bought a rotisserie chicken at the supermarket and shredded it for the chicken.
Make with some crusty bread and a side salad and dinner is served!


Ingredients:
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup long-grain white rice
2 cups cooked chicken, diced (a rotisserie chicken works great for this)
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice (do not use bottled)

Directions:
Add broth and rice to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until rice is cooked.
Add chicken to pot.
Remove soup from heat and cover.
In a separate bowl, whisk lemon juice into eggs until frothy.
Ladle out about 1 cup hot broth from soup pot and slowly whisk it into the eggs, whisking continually.
Slowly stir the warmed eggs into the pot of soup.
Serve immediately.




Source: http://whatskpcooking.com

No comments:

Post a Comment