Creamy Butter Chicken
I saw this recipe on Pinterest and it looked interesting to try.
I went to my local supermarket looking for one of the main ingredients, curry leaves, but couldn't find any.
So instead I ordered some fresh curry leaves from India. It took a little while to get them in stock and then I received them in the mail wrapped in newspaper.
The good news is that the very next week I was shopping at Meijer and next to the fresh herbs I saw this package sitting there.
FRESH CURRY LEAVES.
and they were only $1.75
a fraction of the price I paid to get them shipped from India!
So now you know that you can get them pretty much locally and can try this great butter herb dish!
The coating on the chicken is fantastic, it is a blend of regular flour and corn flour. The curry gives a great scent and unique taste to the whole dish too!
To make this you will need:
boneless chicken breasts
One handful of curry leaves
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup corn flour or tapioca flour
2 eggs, beaten
400ml (13 oz.) Evaporated milk
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1. Combine plain flour & corn flour in a bowl.
2. Beat up eggs in a separate bowl. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Dry chicken with towel.
4. Heat up oil in a deep oil. Coat chicken with eggs, then flour.
5. Deep fry in low fire until golden brown. Set aside & let cool.
6. Heat up butter in a non-stick pan, add curry leaves. Saute till fragrant.
7. Add in evaporated milk, simmer in low until milk is thickened.
8. Add in sugar and salt.
9. Cut chicken into slices. Pour milk onto chicken.
10. Serve hot.
Recipe Source: bits-of-taste.blogspot.com