Search This Blog

Mar 29, 2012

Light it up Blue


I know this is a cooking blog, but I wanted to share something that was close to my heart. 

This year on April 2nd it will  be World Autism Day and the entire month of April is Autism Awareness Month. So in honor of that we will be swapping out our outdoor lightbulbs and switching them to a bright blue lightbulb and joining the "Light it Up Blue" Campaign.  Home Depot has partnered with Autism Speaks and has just put out their blue light bulbs! I talked to our Home Depot manager this week because I went to buy them, but they weren't released on shelves until today, March 29th. The bulbs are  Coleman brand and they are $1.65 and there are also lanterns on discount and Home Depot will donate $1 for each product purchased to Autism Speaks.  

This is what is will most likely look like in your store:

So join me, the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Niagara Falls, the Sydney Opera House, the Hungarian Parliament Building, and countless other families in the Light It Up Blue Campaign and lets shine a spotlight on autism.




No comments:

Post a Comment