Search This Blog

Mar 3, 2011

Egg and Bacon Casserole


I love breakfast casseroles & this is my favorite one yet!
I got a new cookbook for Christmas, so I will be testing out lots of the recipes & putting the winners on here!

Egg & Bacon Casserole

1 pound bacon or sausage, cooked & crumbled
6 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt (optional)
1 tsp dry mustard
2 slices day-old bread, torn
1 cup cheese, shredded
3 Tbsp onion, chopped (optional)


Combine all ingredients & pour into 8x8 dish. Cover & refrigerate overnight. 
Bake at 350 degree's for 45 minutes. 
If you don't want to do it overnight, you can also just throw it in at 350 & cook it.
I have made it both ways & it was delicious each time!

*Note*
If you double the recipe for a 9x13 dish, do not put the entire recipe in that dish, because the center will probably not cook completely.
Instead, put most of the mixture in a 9x13 & the remaining in a 1 qt. casserole dish.

1 comment: